Celebrate your pregnancy! Let Jennifer Okamoto Fine Portraiture help you “bump it up” by helping you capture your baby belly. We will have you looking belly beautiful. It is best to schedule these sessions are 4 – 6 weeks out from your due date. During your session, it is all about YOU, because this is a very special time for you. Not only will we capture beautiful moments for you, we will strive to make the experience fun and fashionable.
How should I prepare for my Maternity Session?
Makeup is recommended. You should apply a thin layer of skin tone foundation and blush to even out skin tone. Eyeliner and (eye shadow, should you choose) should look natural. Eyebrow pencil will help the eyebrows from disappearing in your portraits. Mascara and lipstick are the finishing touches.
-Special jewelry is a nice accessory, however, too much can be distracting. Keep watches at home 🙂
-If you or any others participating in the session wear glasses on a daily bases, then the glasses should be worn during the portrait session.
-Your hair should be worn to add to your comfort, and should not create any worries for you. If you are not sure about clothing choices, makeup, jewelry, etc., bring it along so I can help you.
-If you are being photographed with your significant other, please have him bring or wear dark pants (jeans are great!) and a solid dark or white shirt, long or short sleeved is fine (long sleeved shirt preferred though). Clean shaven is recommended if he usually shaves.
-A few days before your session, consider treating yourself to a manicure as many shots of your belly will also include your hands (and a pedicure is just for fun!). On the day of the session, make sure you bring makeup supplies, hair supplies (hairspray, brush, etc.).
-If you are planning to bare your tummy, try not to wear anything restricting for about two hours before your session to avoid indentations in your skin. Give some thought as to how much skin you want to show.
-During your session, relax and enjoy. It won’t be long now until your new baby becomes the center of your attention! Take this special time to bond even deeper with your baby as you create a memory that will last a lifetime.
-Don’t worry about stretch marks or scars as retouching is available.
– Strapless bra (natural and/or black) are a wonderful help
– Nude undergarments are the best, preferably thong as they are comfortable
– Anything that buttons down and is loose enough to allow for a baby bump
– Scarves, shawls, sarongs
– Sports bra or other exercise clothing
– Tank top
– Tube top
– Button down white and/or black shirt (material that drapes softly, if possible) that can be buttoned over the breasts and unbuttoned over the belly if you like. A dress shirt for the father to be is always a great idea.
– Sexy undergarments that you don’t mind having photographed
– Camisole tops
– Pre-pregnancy jeans that fit but cannot be buttoned (jeans without a belly band)
– Panel free shorts that sit below the belly (boy shorts)
– Black yoga pants
– Long, flowing skirt
OTHER THINGS TO BRING:
– Long, pretty silk scarf or fabric
– Form fitting dress
– Ivory or black satin robe
– Any maternity outfit that you love
-Wraps or drapes are available if this is a look that you especially like, not to worry, I’ll take care of it.
When you think of:
Best Maternity Photographer Honolulu
Expecting a Baby
Planning for your Baby
Think of Jennifer Okamoto Fine Portraiture
Located in Mililani, but serving Honolulu, Kaneohe, Kailua, Kapolei, Waipahu, Ewa Beach, Pearl City, Aiea, North Shore and all other communities on Oahu